Beta 2 agonists include Clenbuterol. These medications relax and extend muscles, making asthma breathing easier. Clenbuterol is also called Dilaterol, Spiropent, and Ventipulmin. It comes in tablet or solution form.
It's worth noting that Clenbuterol does not have FDA approval for use in the United States. However it is approved for treating asthma in other countries. Additionally it may be prescribed on occasion, for obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) a condition characterized by breathing difficulties.
How does clenbuterol work?
Clenbuterol functions by triggering the receptors within our bodies. These receptors play a role in governing different functions like heart rate, blood pressure, metabolism and muscle contraction. When these receptors are activated clenbuterol can bring about effects such, as;
- Increasing the oxygen flow to the lungs and muscles, which can improve endurance and performance.
- Increasing the body temperature and metabolic rate, which can burn more calories and fat.
- Increasing the protein synthesis and muscle growth, which can enhance strength and lean mass.
- Decreasing the appetite and food intake, which can reduce weight gain.
Why do people use clenbuterol for weight loss or performance enhancement?
Clenbuterol's effects on muscle growth and fat reduction make it a popular weight loss and performance supplement. Some feel clenbuterol can help them get a defined body or improve their athletic performance. Notable clenbuterol users include;
- Alberto Contador, a Spanish cyclist who was stripped of his 2010 Tour de France title after testing positive for clenbuterol.
- Canelo Alvarez, a Mexican boxer who was suspended for six months after testing positive for clenbuterol in 2018.
- Lindsay Lohan, an American actress who reportedly used clenbuterol to lose weight in 2007.
However, clenbuterol cannot make somebody healthy. Without a prescription or medical supervision, it is unsafe and illegal. Side effects and health hazards outweigh the benefits of Clenbuterol.
What are the side effects and risks of clenbuterol?
Clenbuterol can induce mild, transitory, or severe adverse effects. Common clenbuterol adverse effects include:
- Dry mouth
- Increased heart rate
- Increased blood pressure
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle spasms
Some of the serious risks of clenbuterol are:
- Overproduction of thyroid hormones causes thyrotoxicosis.
- Subaortic stenosis narrows the heart's ventricle-aorta channel.
- Heart failure can result from cardiac hypertrophy.
- Death can arise from cardiac arrhythmia.
- A stroke happens when a brain artery is blocked or ruptured, causing brain damage or death.
- Liver injury can cause jaundice or cirrhosis.
- Damage to the kidneys can cause fluid retention or renal failure.
Alcohol, coffee, nicotine, steroids, and other stimulants can interact with Clenbuterol. These combinations may cause side effects or overdose. Urine and semen tests can discover clenbuterol, which can have legal or professional ramifications.
Clenbuterol may benefit asthmatics and COPD patients. Weight loss and performance enhancement are neither safe nor permitted with this substance. Clenbuterol has deadly side effects. The user may suffer legal or professional issues. Thus, clenbuterol requires a prescription and medical care.
Diet, exercise, and lifestyle modifications can help you lose weight and perform better and you can incorporate safe fat burners to boost your weight loss journey. These approaches help you reach your goals without hurting your health or breaking the law. Success takes effort, not shortcuts.